Friday, April 30, 2010

Eat Eggs with Omega 3s

Our reseach has led us to eat Eggs that have more Omega-3s.

My husband loves eggs. Scrambled, sunny side up, hard boiled, omelet, quiche, poached, any way you can possibly cook an egg. So I was in a Panic when we were told not to eat eggs and especially the egg yoke.

He loves the egg yoke, hard or runny. That has the most flavor.
So I wondered, why are we being told to limit eating eggs and especially the yoke of eggs.

What I discovered is that chickens fed a diet containing soy have more Omega-6s than Omega-3s. We need both 6s and 3s but more in a 1 – 1 ratio rather than 15 or 20 to 1 ratio that occurs with chickens on a soy diet.

You can read about the difference between Omega-6 and Omega-3 here -
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400149/balancing-omega-3-and-omega-6.html

There are also other side effects of eating soy products that are detrimental to our health.

http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/should_you_stay_away_from_soy

I mentioned in an earlier article (Why are we told to Limit Beef Consumption) about children, both boys and girls, being bombarded with an overdose of hormones.

First it was from the cattle being given hormones so they would mature faster and produce more. Now it is from egg laying hens being fed a ‘Vegetable Diet’ containing soy.

Are you starting to get the picture that we are giving our children and ourselves a steady diet of hormones? I can’t imagine wanting my husband or my kids taking female hormones every day but if they eat soy products that is exactly what happens!

Babies, both girls and boys, on soy formula receive the equivalent of 5 birth control pills every day! Can you imagine the long term affect on those children?

So, I did my research and found organic eggs that contain no soy or antibiotics. They are also high in Omega-3 and lower in Omega-6.

Boy, was my husband happy that I found eggs that are actually good for us.
My theme is simple. Go organic. You cannot go wrong feeding your family food that is free of chemicals and genetically modified grain and soy.

No comments: